MythoMagic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Askr

Askr

Drachma : 67

When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon)   When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2020 8:13 pm

"Dat be makin' sense. Mebbe we bring it up ta Storm?" She was the one that had the most dealing with him aside from the Professor who was still missing. Leon knew that Jocelyn got extra attention and didn't mind grudgingly sharing the woman with the professor since he was helping her.

Giving the woman a pointed look when she admitted that she hadn't eaten, he had to shake his head in fond exasperation. Typical that she would try and skirt around the issues. It wouldn't have mattered had the blond eaten before the body swap. That was still more than a day ago. She'd had a mental battle with Miss Frost and that had been after using her powers for the first time in the Danger Room. She'd used up energy and while he knew all mutants were different, he knew that the more power he exerted the more drained he felt. He'd also learned that time in the Astral Plane was vastly different than real time. For all he knew it could have been seconds or hours that that Jocelyn and Emma had been fighting for dominance.

As they walked through the doors and and Jocelyn admitted she needed more but was trying to skirt around actually eating, Leon had whiff of home. Then of course Hank greeted them as he was in the room and they'd been seeking him, so it was quite fortuitous as the blue mutant would have said. Glancing away from the knowing look and the wink, Leon felt his lip twitch the slightest bit up. The furry mutant was beginning to grow on him. "Non," Leon spoke up when Beast asked about the trail mix. Thankfully, Jocelyn outed herself to his relief. A smug smirk crossed his face as he arrogantly strode over to one of the chairs and sat on the backrest, feet on the actual seat. He was thankful that Hank agreed with him. While the older man would look the other way at times such as when Leon and Jocelyn left the medical wing, Hank liked to make sure that those under his care were well.

"Merci bien,"(many thanks) Leon stated to the blue furred mutant as his lover took the bowl and began to eat it. He was very grateful it would be something that the woman couldn't refuse and would be sure to finish.

Glancing away from the woman, to Hank, he gave the other mutant his full attention. Running a hand through his hair at the question he didn't feel the slightest bit guilty or sorry about the damage that had been done. He nodded though in thanks as he glanced to Jocelyn then back to Beast. "No problems, yet. Jus' wonderin' how da testin' be goin'?"

When they'd snuck out, they had known that Beast hadn't finished all his tests yet aside from the basic ones. Leon and Jocelyn had learned a few things on there own such as her new form was at least eighteen. She hadn't been a virgin either. It was something that he'd only noted subconsciously. "Her body be legal." He was sure that Beast might already know this information having been the one that had done the exam on her and oversaw her welfare when Leon had brought her to him. Still, a smirk adorned his face as his eyes lit in amusement. "Cher gots hersself a tattoo."
Back to top Go down
Xaldin

Xaldin

Drachma : 50

PostSubject: Re: When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon)   When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2020 8:47 pm

Jocelyn shook her head firmly once Leon suggested they go directly to Storm. "Like I said mon amour, I can't be for sure on that and I don't think we need to upset her. Who knows what travesty she would bring down knowing the Shadow King might be released." Jocelyn knew that Leon was only looking out for her, it wasn't the first time she had went days without eating. She was the type of person that could only eat when her body would verbally tell her she was hungry.

It wasn't until Leon and Beast were both giving her that shocked expression did she realize that she probably should eat. Jocelyn had discovered her love for southern cuisine it definitely helped that she had felt a connect to the culture because of her lover. Jocelyn attended her attention to the food as Leon and Beast carried on their conversation.

Beast nodded as he thanked him for giving up his lunch. Beast followed Leon's gaze and could tell just how much the woman meant to him. "Well I have finished some more advanced tests in. It seems she has much more of a complicated variation of normal Lumokinesis. Jocelyn's new body doesn't just construct light to her will. It seems she stores some light inside of her so she can use the powers at night. Of course it has its limitations."

Beast nodded when Leon claimed that her new body was legal. "Yes it seems from records I have found she seems to be twenty-two." Jocelyn perked up from the chair as she had finished eating at this point. She wrapped her arm around his waist being careful not to push him off. Handing him the bowl, although she hadn't ate in days she knew her lover was hungry as well and made sure she saved him half.

"So you know the body's identity I am guessing. I think they are after something in the Astral Plane. That where they needed my time powers. Perhaps to undo something. Emma tried her games and I was in the Astral Plane as my old body." Jocelyn said as a matter of factly. "Beast as you know, long duration in the Astral Plane has adverse effects on the telepath's body. We need to figure things out if we have any chance on locating my old body." Hearing herself say that out loud made her even wonder if she would take her new body back if she had the chance.

It was just more or less getting back at them for completely changing her existence. "And yes Beast, we discovered I now have a new tattoo." She said with a giggle as she saw her lover's reaction about it.

Beast nodded towards the screen and saw her new body pulled up on the mechanics. "The body's name is Ariel Lancaster, she has been more than once on the wrong side of the law. It was fairly easy to find once we had her finger prints. But given the information you just gave me it looks like I will have to look a little deeper into this."

Jocelyn looked over the information and sighed softly. It basically said nothing, just a bunch of information she already had a rough idea of in her mind. "Beast, I just don't want my powers to cause any bad things. I know she doesn't probably have good intentions planned but she could do some serious damage with my powers in the Astral Plane." Although none of this was her fault she still seemed to be responsible for her powers, after all they were hers.
Back to top Go down
Askr

Askr

PostSubject: Re: When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon)   When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2020 10:09 pm

While not stupid, Leon knew he wasn't brightest or sharpest color in the box, he got the gist of things while not getting the finer details at times. The only reason he followed what Beast said at first was all the boring classes Xavier had his students go to as well as some of the younger children watching some wizard movie on tv saying lumos and having light appear. He'd just been passing through the common tv room looking for Jocelyn and had overheard that part. So he knew it had something to do with light which they had again, already learned with their unscheduled trip to the Danger Room.

"So, you be saying dat Cher gonna glow when it be stored full up?" That...would be interesting. His brows pulled down as he quickly wondered, "It not hurt her if'n she don' release it?" As much as he was beginning to sort of consider Jono a friend, he didn't really want Jocelyn to experience what the British mutant had.

Brown eyes widened a fraction upon being told that his lover was older than him before giving said woman a quick leer. Giving her a quick nod of thanks, he took a spoonful of the food and nearly shut his eyes in appreciation. It wasn't nearly as good as Dodi's or some you'd find along Bourbon Street back home. Then again, most didn't pout almost a whole bottle of tabasco into the dish. He listened as Jocelyn asked what they had both been wondering and her suspicion.

At Jocelyn's amusement to his own at their discovery of her ink, he just grinned at her as he took a piece of shrimp and popped in his mouth and gave a shrug. He couldn't help that the thought greatly amused him. He would take it where he could. Glancing over to the screen when Beast gestured, he took in the information he could see. It hadn't surprised him to hear that she wasn't a model citizen. That didn't mean much to him as he had often found himself on the wrong side as well even before using his abilities to scam the scammers.

Placing the empty bowl between his feet, he felt about as dejected as his lover. The only new information they had gotten was the previous tenant's name and age. Sighing as well, he crossed his arms and braced them on his thighs as he leaned forward. Without having to be told or even to ask her, Leon would know that Jocelyn would feel responsible. They were her powers and people would think it was her if she did something. The only ones who would know better would be the X-men, and those that were in the know whom she decided to tell.

"Look on de bright side. Mebbe dey not as skilled as you an it take dem a bit to use your power, no?"

They could only hope that as different as telepathy and time manipulation was to bending and harnessing light; it wouldn't be easy. Obviously before she had abandoned the body she had to jump ship into Jocelyn's she had enough master to have survived to be twenty-two. But that was just one power. Jocelyn had telepathy and time manipulation. The woman would have to be exceptionally skilled to master both powers in so short a time as having Jocelyn's body. Which caused the southern mutant to frown wondering. "Beast, You say you got labs done. She be allergic ta anythin?" Was there any other health things they needed to know? The vindictive side of him wanted the hay fever from hell to come down on the woman who stole his lover's body.
Back to top Go down
Xaldin

Xaldin

PostSubject: Re: When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon)   When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2020 10:59 pm

Beast shook his head once Leon started asking him questions. "Not a full glow, I would say it would remain bound to her eyes, perhaps her hands if she was really stocked up on power." Beast looked over as the woman was still eating her share of the gumbo.

"It also seems that since she stores some of this light away it almost gives her a photosynthesis symptom. From what I ran it seems that she can process light and nourish herself off of that. I wouldn't test that theory and try to live off of the light. Which could be the reason why she went so long without getting the hungry feeling."

Jocelyn could tell that Leon appreciated that she had shared some of the gumbo with him. She did wear him out after all, so she knew he needed to eat too. Jocelyn ran her fingers up and down his spine softly as they continued looking over the information up on the screen. Jocelyn ran her fingers up through his hair when he tried giving her a silvery line of hope. "Yeah, you're right there. You saw how hard it is to manage with the random outbursts of thoughts running through your mind."

Jocelyn seem to of lost her initial spark since they had walked into the medical wing. She thought there would be at least some kind of good news. But as she waited for good news Leon asked if she happened to be allergic to anything. A good question indeed, if Jocelyn didn't have so much on her mind she probably would have asked but that is how she knew her fiancee was truly looking out for her.

Beast looked almost to be hesitating answering Leon's question. "Well about that, it seems I won't be letting Miss Jocelyn eat any more of my trail mix. She has a severe allergy to peanuts and bee stings." Beast knew all of the students allergies, and he knew Jocelyn only had mild seasonal allergies.

Jocelyn blinked when Beast said she could no longer have peanuts, Jocelyn was very strict on her diet usually and that involved fruits and nuts. And who couldn't love peanut butter? "Now I can't even have peanuts? Or I am a powerful mutant that can be taken down by a bee?" Jocelyn fumed for a minute blowing the blonde locks out of her eyes. Jocelyn thought she had been doing better with the switch but hearing this made her somewhat angry.

This was too much change, this made her believe just how much of herself was truly left. That and it made her realize how much she took for granted. Beast interrupted her thoughts as he rushed to the computer panel. "We are getting a transmission for some odd reason." He punched on the mechanics and just what she needed to see. Her old body looking at the camera with a sarcastic smirk. "Hello Jocelyn. I bet it is quite strange seeing yourself."

The woman that she once was, was now completely different. Her black hair was now turning white at the roots. Jocelyn's old green eyes had also grayed out due to the newly added contrast. "Now, as you see I have been trying to make your powers cooperate but it seems they were more difficult than I thought."

Jocelyn's new found features turned to marble, she completely froze up not being able to mutter a noise. She barely mustered enough strength to reach over and grab Leon's hand. Her old body folded her legs and chuckled. "So saying that, I am going to need to you to allow yourself to become detained so you can train me on your powers."

Jocelyn shook her head and was able to make out a like hell. Who was this woman and how could she think that after stealing another mutant's power and then turning around and asking to get trained on them. The old body smirked when she saw Jocelyn's hesitance. "Oh and that was a polite invitation. I am sure you remember my partner that was with me the other night. If you refuse, I'll have to send in Shadow and he'll bring you back to me. You have one day to page me back your answer."

The figure of a male took form on the camera and as he raised his hand a wave of dark cloud forced its way to the screen cutting it out completely. Jocelyn stood there lifeless as she just realized what just happened. A single tear fell from her right eye, not being able to think of what to say. All she could do was tighten her grip on her lover's hand.
Back to top Go down
Askr

Askr

PostSubject: Re: When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon)   When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2020 11:47 pm

"So not a glow bug den," he teased. It made sense and he was a bit relieved to know that that there was an alternative source of 'food' for her if they were in desperate need. It explained how she wasn't in that much of a hurry to get brunch.

Leon appreciated her touch and thankful she knew he was trying to be optimistic. He wasn't the one that usually looked on the brighter side of things. While he might not be the one that searches for silver linings, he was the type of person that reveled in the moment and took one day at a time. He nodded when she reminded him how long it took her to get her powers under her control. And he'd felt it when she tried to teach him when she was able to train his mind to come into hers. That was when he'd learned what she had gone through and the amazing control she had when stray thoughts would cross is his mind.

When learning her power was light, he had thought it ironic as she seemed to 'light up' whenever she was happy. The inner light he saw was absent now, dulled since they came in and started receiving the answers to their questions. At Hank's hesitation, Leon leaned a bit closer, his gaze not leaving the furry mutant. When he stated what Jocelyn's new body was allergic to, he felt his jaw clench. She just had to have the two most deadly allergies. Now, he was quite glad that Beast had given up his lunch and hadn't given the woman some of his trail mix.

Before he could say anything though his brows furrowed when they were interrupted. Leon felt his lips pull back into a snarl seeing his lover's previous body on the screen. His gaze took in the differences from the last time he'd seen it. That expression wasn't one that was usually on her face either. It just didn't look right. It seemed she had progressed as little as they had thought. Quickly glancing to his lover he saw her expression and the anger coursed through him at this Ariel person making her look that way. He squeezed her hand when she took it in hers.

"So saying that, I am going to need to you to allow yourself to become detained so you can train me on your powers."

While Jocelyn had stated what Leon thought, he glared at the woman on the screen and said at the same time, "Never!"

Head snapping around to look at Jocelyn he didn't like how frightened she was. Who was this Shadow man? The muscle in his cheek twitched as he looked back towards the screen to see it go black. He didn't like this, he didn't like it one bit. Being helpless was even worse. Looking at the older mutant he asked, "How she get a signal in here?"

Surely the tech savvy mutant would be able to trace it or at least find the general area? If they thought that Leon was going to stand back and let someone take his fiancee away from him, they were mistaken. Stepping down from his chair, he wrapped his arms around Jocelyn. "Don't worry, Cher. I ain't gonna letcha go."
Back to top Go down
Xaldin

Xaldin

PostSubject: Re: When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon)   When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 12:38 pm

Jocelyn nudged her lover's side with her elbow placing a grin upon her face as he almost seemed disappointed she wasn't in fact going to be a glow bug. "Love, glow bugs only light on their arses and I am fairly certain I don't want that part of me to glow." Jocelyn even heard a chuckle from the blue mutant at that retort.

That fact would be the only hope for the young woman, the fact that it did take her a bit of time to learn telepathy at a stable level. Her Chronokinesis definitely helped as she was able to freeze time to prevent the constant thoughts. Then as everyone around her was still she could then jump in their minds and process it differently. Even the blue mutant and the Professor would boast Jocelyn's ability to be a self taught telepath.

Jocelyn felt her lover tense when Beast gave them the news about her new founded allergies. She looked over at the male before the transmission came through. All the thoughts racing through her mind as her old form demanded her presence. 'My hair and eyes. That happens with long exposure to the Astral Plane.' Also picking up on the expression on her old body, it was cold as if she only cared for herself. It wasn't in her repertoire, she would never have that look on her face.

Jocelyn knew only one thing, that this was far from over. This woman was after something so badly that fate intertwined them and wasn't going to be done with Jocelyn until she said so. She looked up at Leon with a blank stare as he asked the furry mutant how she was able to get a signal on them. A fair question, Jocelyn was never the overly hyped person when it came to technology. It was easier for her as a telepath because she would be able to learn through Beast's or whomever's mind.

Beast shook his head frantically as he flickered his fingers over the keys. "I'm not quite sure but the only thing even probable is that something on her new body is a tracker. You need to be sure to replace all piercings and clothing with your own." He looked back at the blonde and observed the multiple ear piercings. "My bet is the earrings. But that goes to no avail now, she was able to lock on. But that was also her downfall. I will be able to lock on to them as well. Given how prepared they are and their technological defenses, no worries my friends I will be able to crack it."

Jocelyn felt her fiancee wrap his arms around her and returned the pressure of the embrace. Shaking her head she finally snapped out of her blank stare. "She's been in the Astral Plane too long, that why the hair and eyes are different Hank." Jocelyn murmured to the furry mutant over Leon's shoulder. The mutant nodded to her and exclaimed he had noticed that as well. "She is after something we have to figure it out. And if this Shadow guy thinks he can just walk on in and take me because I'm unprepared can't be an option."

Jocelyn knew that Leon would protect her, but after the woman was able to master her old powers feeling helpless was never something she had to experience. She hardly came across a mutant or even person that could fight off her telepathy. And in the rare case that did happen, time was always at her side.

Jocelyn when upset could be almost careless and reckless. A quick outburst of venting and then she would be level headed again. Like what had just transpired with Emma. It would often get her in some kind of trouble but nothing she couldn't handle. Jocelyn began heating from her core as the frustration and rage bubbled within her. Her breathing paced quicker in fact almost doubled just under hyper ventilating. She stepped back from her lover and looked down at her hands, as she opened her eyes they were full glow.

Jocelyn glanced up at Leon knowing full well what she had to do, her only option. This was completely reckless but to her was the lone option for her to be more on top of her powers when this Shadow guy would arrive tomorrow. The blonde snapped around and walked out of the lab shaking her head knowing full well Leon wouldn't like this muttering an apology behind her as she now fast walking to the Danger Room.

Beast should have been the only one with this information, but Emma and herself would know only if they searched his mind. Jocelyn grabbed a leather overcoat so she could protect Leon and her's favorite shirt. Jocelyn looking up at the Danger Room overhead and speaking in a loud clear tone. "Danger Room Override code 412238!" The doors slammed shut, the inside of the room displayed on the screen above the door. This was the lock down code. Nothing could enter the room unless the reverse code was said inside the room.

"Training session begin! Difficulty, Mastery mode." Completely reckless, the hardest setting only ever to complete it with Leon. It was the only way she felt complete control over her new power was to feel threatened and natural responded to it. Jocelyn looked up at the camera and sighed "I'm sorry love, I will be okay. Just be there when I get out of this yeah?" Her eyes naturally lit up the dark room, the mechanics started whirring to life. Once the holographic formed they darted towards the girl.

Hordes of robotics figures now almost at her reach made Jocelyn snap to full attention. She smirked as she forced the inner stock pile of light inside of her to a beam emitting from her hands. As she reached up the room filled with a laser similar to Cyclops but much wider, much more dangerous because she could control it to her will. Jocelyn dodged backwards to widen the gap between her and the holographs. She flung her hand out to the side and a ball of light similar to the one she used on Emma but much more massive flew to the now space between them.

As the hordes crossed over and threw the light she clasped her hand and it popped and blasted the ones in the area backwards blowing out their circuits completely. Jocelyn ducked in a quick unprepared manner when a group of the horde began firing their own lasers. Her glowing eyes squinted in a frustrated manner not wanting to become overcame by the opposing force. Jocelyn saw the rest of the horde now approaching her giving her only one option. She ran to the center of the room and pushed the lighting around her away quickly shimmering to invisibility.

As the holograms flickered through their visual settings, Jocelyn pulled all the light towards her and quickly forced it back out in an almost explosion type blast. The radiant light circled out of her and knocked the holograms to their backs. Jocelyn shimmered back to sight as she thought this was the end of the training. Only shortly to remember the last defense of the training course which is why it was mastery level. Out of the darkness a pair of red lights beamed close to the ceiling. Jocelyn now had the thought of ending the session now but this would be the for sure test if she could fight off Shadow and somewhat have self control of her new powers.

"MUTANT DETECTED!"

Back to top Go down
Askr

Askr

PostSubject: Re: When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon)   When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 10:21 pm

Leon's eyes showed his laughter even if he didn't do it aloud at the comment of her not wanting her ass to glow. Of course all laughter and amusement had faded with the interruption from Jocelyn's kidnapper. At the mention that there was a tracker in his fiance. There was no problem replacing the clothing as she was wearing his clothing at the moment. Which left her piercings, something that everyone had overlooked but shouldn't have. It was something that Leon was now kicking himself for. He was putting all his hope and trust in the furry mutant to help protect his lover.

When Jocelyn returned his embraced, he shut his eyes briefly just thankful to have her back even with this new spanner tossed into the works. At her mentioning the changes due to the other's misuse, and he had agreed with her that her being taken wasn't an option. He believed that they were prepared more or less now that they knew that someone was coming and when. He knew that his lover was more upset than she was letting on when he felt her warmth even through their clothing as if they were lying naked skin to skin. Hearing the panicked like breathing and didn't want to let her go when she stepped away but loosened his hold and allowed it knowing that he had done the same before and she had respected his wishes when he had wanted to step back.

"Cher?" he questioned seeing her glowing eyes and was a bit confused when without saying anything she turned and left the infirmary. Glancing at Beast who was busy with his terminal trying to locate the people who kidnapped Jocelyn, he hurried after the woman. He had to jog when he realized that she had moved quickly and on purpose. When he realized where they were going, his eyes widened and he began to run. "Jocelyn!"

Skidding to a halt so he wouldn't run into the closed doors, he struck them swearing. "Open up! Dammit!" Swearing expletives, when he learned that he couldn't get in, he raced to the observation room wondering in his head, 'What you thinkin', Cher?' It was foolish to go into the Danger Room alone! She knew that! Not even the original X-men went in there without a spotter in the Observation area to override and shut down whatever simulation was running. When he got there punched in a code he'd swiped from an upperclassman. Opening the viewing window his gaze quickly sought out Jocelyn's new form. His heart beat that had been trying to escape his chest slowed down and he couldn't help but feel pissed off when his gaze met hers on the monitor. The muscle in his cheek twitched as he muttered, "Jus' be in one piece." As if he was going to ever not be there when she needed him. His fingers curled as he unconsciously fisted his hands. There was no awareness of the pain as his nails cut bloody crescents into his palms.

She knew how much he hated to be useless, to feel helpless. It wasn't in his nature to stand by when Jocelyn needed help. It was taking his all not to flip on the microphone and give her a piece of his mind. What halted him was knowing that he might as well be the one to harm her directly and take her back to the infirmary if he did so and distract her. As angry and scared as he had been, his panic had begun to recede while his anger simmered beneath the surface as he watched his woman work. It was something to behold, he had to admit that. A small smirk graced his lips as the thoughts that had first crossed his mind seeing her bathed in light this morning once again were brought forth. Jocelyn looked an avenging goddess. When it looked as if she would be overwhelmed he made an aborted movement forward until he was right next to the monitors and looking down, through the glass of the observation window into the Danger Room. Leon's tense posture relaxed thinking that was it, after she had 'killed' all the holograms. That was until he heard the dreaded voice that he'd only heard in training programs as a five man team. Sure that all color had drained from him as his eyes widened in fear, Leon shouted his lover's name and uncaring if she wanted him to interfere or not, slammed his hands against the window.

Concentrating with his heart slamming against his ribs was a bit difficult, eyes locked onto his fiance. Pouring out his power, he knew that if he had tried this with the door he would get nowhere. Not only did he not know what mixture of metals and alloys the professor had used, he had no idea if he'd be able to have enough power to convert the matter. It was made of different metals than those that were in the Danger Room itself. The window was something else entirely. Soon, sand was raining down where his hands had been with a hole big in the window that Leon could jump through into the Danger Room. He could count the number of times he'd been both enraged and terrified on one hand and the Cajun mutant was both at this moment.

"Distract it!" he more barked then suggested as he dodged one of the Sentinel's attempts to grab him. There was something he'd only ever achieved once, and he planned on doing it again. While Jocelyn worked at keeping the metal monstrosity's attention, he worked his way up to it's neck. Leon had latched on when the woman was able to take one of the leg's off. Concentrating like never before, Leon bit his lip as his eyes narrowed, as he poured all of his energy into making the metal at the neck heat up and corrode, building the heat up and his eyes lit when he knew it was working. Sweat poured down his brow as his lips curled up in a smirk. Feeling it before it was going to happen, he shoved off the sentinel and shouted, "Jocelyn! Shield!" even as he was ducking under cover as the neck exploded separating it's head from the body. He felt the impact of the metal giant crashed to the ground, the vibrations traveling to where he was. Standing up, he coughed from the smoke, looking around for his fiance.

Seeing that she was fine from what he could see, he went to the doors of the Danger Room and was relieved that they opened since the room now considered the exercise complete. Not stopping until he got to his room, Leon harshly pulled out the drawer to his desk, grabbed his pack of cigarettes, lighter, and went to the nearest open window that let out onto the yard. There he immediately dropped down to where he was sitting in the dirt with his back against the mansion. In short order he was inhaling a lungful of nicotine and releasing the blue-grey smoke from his mouth as he sharply exhaled, unknowing that his eyes held a smoldering anger that he couldn't release just yet.
Back to top Go down
Xaldin

Xaldin

PostSubject: Re: When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon)   When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 2:35 pm

Jocelyn sank into Leon's arms, how could she express the thoughts running through her mind? These were the times she missed having Telepathy, she would connect her thoughts with Leon and he would be able to help her calm down and rationalize things without talking verbally. She finally came to terms that she could no longer read minds but the hardest part was for her to verbalize her thoughts aloud.

As her frustration grew so did the heat inside of her, to the point to where the Danger Room was the only closest place she could think of that could help her right now. It wasn't that she wanted to step away from her fiancee, it was just that she had to cool down internally from her powers taking effect. Jocelyn noticed that it was easier to become overwhelmed with these new powers in two instances. One being when she became angered or in real fighting situations.

Jocelyn never intended on worrying Leon, this was something outside of the norm for her. Jocelyn may have been stubborn, that wouldn't have changed in any body. But she was normally not so reckless, putting herself into danger's way. She heard Leon's verbal acknowledgement as they paced down the hall, a single tear fell down her cheek. Before it reached her chin it would fizzle out from the heat pouring off of her skin.

As the battle raged on blasts of light radiated out of her, Jocelyn caught a brief sense of motion from the Observation Room. She knew it was her lover who ran and revealed the glass. Jocelyn continued blasting the holograms away and it was only once she had finished the minor sentries that she finally exerted enough of the rampant power to become more level headed. Perhaps she shouldn't of went this far with her tantrum but if she could take down this training she could handle any mutant in her way.

Jocelyn wasn't used to having an offensive power, sure she had Chronokinesis but it was more of a supportive power like her Telepathy. She needed to fast train herself to be fully confident in the new founded powers. One thing that Jocelyn was praised for was being attuned to her powers and she didn't have that anymore. Although she was more in control with her new powers than out of control.

Once the Sentinel came onto the battlefield she snapped to reality as Leon coming out of nowhere told her to distract the mechanized humanoid. "Leon?! I don't need you to get hurt." She said as her eyes flashed brighter than earlier. Jocelyn looked up at the machine and flashed several orbs of light in it's sensors. This seemed to throw it off enough so with one hand she continued bursting orbs of light and with the other a sturdy beam erupted from her hand. Aiming for the leg, melting the metal once it fell off she moved the beam up to the chest.

Within seconds Leon was shouting out as he jumped off of the Sentinel that he needed a shield. Jocelyn pondered for a moment as she had never created a shield so had to get creative quickly. The blonde held up her hand and enveloped her fiancee in a bright light. Creating a bubble concealing him completely in the translucent light. Jocelyn motion her hand to the general location to where he landed, all be it from gentle. That was something she was going to have to practice on.

Another of Jocelyn's bad traits was she was particularly hard on herself and was her own worst enemy sometimes. She held a level of expectations on the topic of her powers. Jocelyn had voiced several times to Leon before she was happy that she met him after she had a handle on her powers. Given it was rougher than this instance but she was still handling this like a control freak.

It wasn't until she saw Leon's reaction when she realized that she had just put the one person who cared for her the most through unneeded stress. As Leon high tailed for his cigarettes Jocelyn whose eyes were still glowing, sighed and started breathing slowly. She snapped out of it enough to know where her lover was headed.

Jocelyn made her way past Beast who was now almost crying at the wreaked Danger Room again and found her way to the yard of the mansion. Jocelyn knew that any spot would work for her lover's habit but the spot outside their room was more known for his spot. "Leon. I'm sorry." The blonde said full of feeling once she was able to lock eyes with him. "I didn't mean to scare or upset you."

Jocelyn crinkled her face as she was stumbling over thoughts again. How could she explain how helpless she felt. And how angry she was, it wasn't like her to be so full of rage but the worst of it all was having the feeling of not being able to express it to Leon as she did with her old power. "I'm just mad. And you know me, I'm not normally mad. I just can't sit around and be protected like I'm used to. Not when I now at least have a power I can fight with."

Jocelyn looked up at the sky and smiled as she felt the light pour over her skin. The feeling of light now had such a reaction to her. Jocelyn looked over at Leon and sighed "I shouldn't of done that to you and for that I apologize, I just want to finish this. What ever that means." Jocelyn was struggling with if she wanted to fight this Ariel chick for her body back or just to stick it to her. She wasn't even sure if she could have her old body back but knew for the time being she had to get comfortable with this one for the rest of her days knowing full well that was one of the options as well.
Back to top Go down
Askr

Askr

PostSubject: Re: When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon)   When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2022 2:12 pm

Leon was used to being the impulsive one in their relationship. It wasn't a conscious action most times as it was a trait he'd had since childhood. It went with learning how to gamble and learn people's tells and believing in luck. Sometimes you had to go all in without any proof that you would win the pot. The only thing you could do is trust your guts. Jocelyn was able to balance that out by being the more aware of the situation and cautious. She was hardly ever the one to jump feet first into a situation even with a team backing her. Even when she had gotten to be confident and came into her own, she hadn't been like she'd been in the Danger Room.

She hadn't wanted him to get hurt? Had she forgotten that if anything happened to her, it would kill him? Her being reckless and foolish as she had been had brought up the day of Sacha's fall, the feelings that came with not only it, but the aftermath as well. He had been an untrained, clueless child that was completely useless. He'd been a wreck that Dodi had to put back together and which Jocelyn had helped heal further with their years together. All of which she had nearly undone with this reckless foolish action of hers.

They were bound to have some miscommunication since they both had been unconsciously reliant on her previous powers. With a new body along with powers that they both had to get familiar with they were, in a sense, going to have to get accustomed to one another again. Which meant having to learn how to work with one another as a team. Something that Jocelyn seemed to forget in her in her fit of temper. He could forgive her for not shielding herself when he'd told her to. If their positions were reversed, he would have done the same. He would still put her own safety and well being over his own. He could understand her want and need to vent by blowing things up. He could even forgive and understand her wanting to see where she was at power level wise and find out what she could do with her new powers after learning what they were. What he was angry about and couldn't forgive her for, was her lapse in sanity. She shouldn't have gone into the Danger Room alone.

In order not to say something they would both regret and possibly do irreversible damage to their relationship, Leon had had to get out of their. The last thing he had wanted to do was to yell at Jocelyn. He'd seen what that did to a woman over time with his own parents. The last thing he wanted was to become was his father or for Jocelyn to become like his mother. It was why he kept quiet as she apologized even if he looked up not ready to forgive her despite her sincerity. His own anger still simmered in his eyes, mouth a deep frown as he took another drag from his cigarette.

"I'm just mad. And you know me, I'm not normally mad. I just can't sit around and be protected like I'm used to. Not when I now at least have a power I can fight with."

"Dat what you really t'ink, mon cher?" Was what Leon was able to ask without his voice raising although his accent grew thicker. "You did more'n sit around bein' protected. You been da one protectin' us."

Her telepathy and time manipulation had been a great boon for any team that she was placed on. The telepathy could be used to warn of intentions or possible ambushes from attacks. With the chronokinesis she was able to slow down any enemies, their projectiles, or even speed up her allies. Her abilities were more than just for someone that sat on the sidelines. She protected her teammates and in turn they protected her so they could in turn benefit from her abilities.

What the southern mutant had forgotten was that as confident as she could be, she did seem to have a low opinion of herself. Getting herself a new body might have compounded that feeling which Leon could try and understand. If he'd been crammed into another body he would have been pissed too and wanted to do something about it. He believed that Jocelyn wouldn't have put up with this kind of stunt if he'd been the one to do it.

"I shouldn't of done that to you and for that I apologize, I just want to finish this. What ever that means."

"Non," he replied. "You shouldn'ta." Grinding out the butt of his cigarette in the grass he pulled out another one and lit it. He stayed silent as he gazed at his fiance while he took a few inhales and exhales of the tobacco to try and cool his head. "I get t'inking 'bout only yerself. I be da king 'o dat. Ain't you be da one tellin' me dat I gotta do more 'n dat? I know life ain't a game, cher. I learnt dat six years ago. Mebbe you be needin' to relearn dat."

Getting up, he tossed the cigarette he had and stomped it out with his foot. "I gotta go take a shower an' cool off a'for I go sayin' somet'ing I shouldn'." So saying, he went to take the long way back into the mansion.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon)   When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

When Time Runs Out (Jocelyn & Leon)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2