MythoMagic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn the Page

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Askr

Askr

Drachma : 67

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Turn the Page   Turn the Page EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 8:05 pm

"Daber iti,"(see you later) Jassar called out to Isaac as he passed by him through the main part of the restaurant as he made for the door. Isaac was the owner and an old friend of Jassar's uncle, Ayoub whom had been the one to approach the Andelmans'. The man looked up from where he was going through the books for the restaurant and waved at the younger, "Shalom,"(take care) he returned before returning his attention to the open ledger. After he'd gone through the main entrance, Jassar placed his headphones around on his ears and after scanning through the songs on his phone, chose a playlist and pressed enter, not having to adjust the volume as it was set to override and cancel out the city noise. Stuffing the phone into the pocket of his jacket, he walked leisurely along New York's city sidewalks. He didn't take public transit that often, preferring to either walk, or take the non conventional pathways of the rooftops.

It was as he was making his way to his usual spot where he would take the more scenic route when he spotted someone familiar out of his peripheral. It was the same person he'd seen tail him before. Jassar wasn't sure whether he wanted to smirk or frown at his stalker. Naturally, he wanted to know what the person wanted, yet at the same time he didn't want anything to do with them in case they were looking to try and mug him. Without changing his pace or expression, the mutant turned down into an alley before he began to run, jumped towards one wall pushing off of it with his foot to propel him towards the opposite brick wall. He continued in that vein until he was at the top of the short wall and on it's roof where he quickly unslung the backpack off one shoulder, opened it to toss in his headphones and phone before zipping it closed and snapping the clasp to ensure that it would stay shut. All this he did as he walked briskly before he resettled his bag upon his back and took off running again noting that his stalker had jumped the wall as well.

What had startled Jassar and had him do a sideways flip was the elongated tongue that had darted out towards his leg. Making a face, he kept that unusual fact of his pursuer in mind, as he fled. It seemed he was being chased by another mutant. It would have been more obvious if the other hadn't had his hood up to hide their face and hair. Running, he leapt off the edge of the building he was currently on and did a somersault dive, hopping back up to his feet in a smooth motion and running again before having to once again dodge the tongue of the other."Tch," Jassar spat as he timed the next tongue barrage and brought the heel of his shoe down as hard as he could onto the soft appendage. It would have made more of an impact if he'd been wearing a heavier shoe like a boot, but they weren't very conductive to pulling off parkour well. It still seemed to make an impact as the other mutant yelped and retracted his tongue even as Jassar sped towards him, leapt, and kicked the mutant in the back, landing on his hands and dropping into a roll to avoid the retaliation of the slimy tongue. It seemed that the other was getting frustrated because the next thing he did was spit a green wad at Jassar's face. It had been an unexpected move and the man found he couldn't breathe! While part of him wanted to panic, another part of his brain went into instinctual and reflexive mode. When learning how to fight, his father had put him in all kinds of positions that would cut off his airflow or make it hard to breathe. It had been a way to teach him not only how to get out of those positions, or at least try to, it also taught him not to give into panic.

Waiting for his attacker to get close, Jassar tried to keep his focus entirely on the approaching smug mutant who believed he had won. As soon as he was close enough to start bragging, Jassar lashed out and up with his leg right between the other's legs causing the mutant to double over in pain. Using the momentum as he turned he lashed out again at the other's kneecap hearing a satisfactory popping noise letting him know that he'd done damage. Scrambling to his feet, he glared at the other mutant who returned it was a venomous pained filled one of his own. Black spots were on the edges of Jassar's vision but he had to take out the other person first and did so with another strong kick to the man's temple, dropping him cold. Falling to his knees, he attempted to try and get the hard membrane texture off of his face so he could breathe. As his vision swam and darkened he saw others on the rooftop that hadn't been there prior to the fight, before he completely blacked out.

-----

When Jassar awoke it was in an unfamiliar room or rather cell. Sitting up slowly, his gaze snapped to the speaker of the voice when he heard, "Ah, good. You're finally awake." The man looked unassuming, but so had so many of his uncle's contacts as well as his uncle when the need called for it. The man was smirking. "It was getting boring watching you sleep. It was, however, amusing to see Toad get his ass handed to him."

'Toad?' The description fit the mutant Jassar had fought with that wicked tongue of his. Glancing around his cell, he wondered aloud his voice accented as English wasn't his native language and New York had it's own rhythm of speech, "Why am I here?" That was the more pressing question rather than 'what' seeing as asking 'why' would be quicker. He'd figure out where 'here' was as well as what exactly what role he was expected to play. It didn't phase him that he could have been taken as bait for his uncle or some other purpose. It would also explain his presence in a cell.

"You do speak English, that's a relief. Well, we weren't sure what your reaction upon waking would be nor what your answer would be were we?" The man continued. "Hence the precautions."

Standing, Jassar pressed, "And the question being?"

"Have you heard of the Brotherhood of Mutants?" When he received a nod of acknowledgement he continued with, "Oh good. No need to explain then. Toad was sent to test you as a recruit."

"You could have asked nicer."

"Were is the fun in that?"

Snorting, Jassar eyed the the cell and wondered. "Now what?"

"That depends on your answer. You could stay, or if you want to leave us, we could wipe your mind and drop you back off on your rooftop."

Watching Jassar's expression closely the man could see when he'd made his decision and had given a small smirk before tilting his head a bit towards the door as he called out to someone that was outside, "Syphon! He's all yours!"
Back to top Go down
Xaldin

Xaldin

Drachma : 50

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 9:07 pm

Colton had been with the Brotherhood for a couple weeks now, and seeing how it only had two vital members he found his spot quickly. One a spy who could shapeshift, and the other a literal beast on the battlefield. Colton believed that it was just his powers Magneto wanted but his love of science played a vital role as well. Because his father was still in his coma he had retained his father's knowledge of the law and that seemed to help him as well.

Colton was told that the other member Magneto selected was arriving today. Seeing that Mystique and Sabretooth were on a mission it was just Toad and himself at the base. Colton had been informed of Toad's status, it was very often that the hopping mutant made his way to the infirmary. Colton was wearing a black sweater with dark navy jeans that as the fabrics went down to the ankle grew lighter in shade. He was also wearing a pair of thin leather gloves the same shade as the dark part of his jeans.

He was summoned from his lab being told that the new recruit did indeed take the offer. When Colton was told about it from Magneto, the older mutant would only tell him that this would be a mutant that had a lot in common with him. This puzzled him only more, and one of Colton's worst traits was it could dangerous for him to be curious. Once he heard the voice come from the holding room he walked in adjusting his thin silver lined rectangular glasses.

"You morons you didn't even bother getting him out of the cell." Colton grabbed the keys and gave a playful smirk at Jassar taking in the male's apparent attractiveness. Colton was happy to know that Magneto actually recruited some eye candy for him. "You know how the saying goes good help is so hard to find these days." Once he unlocked the cell he walked over to a table and a pair of chairs motioning towards one of the chairs already pulled out. "Please have a seat, it helps the recruiting process when you're talking to someone of intellect."

Colton looked down and grabbed the empty notebook he would often leave in here. He was usually writing down his running thoughts whenever they would pop in his mind, even more so if related to his work. Colton reached into his pocket and clicked his pen. "Height? Weight? Any other measurements you would like to share?" Colton grinned as he closed the book only jesting with the guy. Colton almost sarcastically nodded "But in all seriousness is there any question you may have? I possibly might not be able to answer all of them but we can most certainly try."

Colton never was shy or timid, in fact his rich background gave him the get what you want personality. Before his powers kicked in he would even sometimes get a couple things he wanted at his parties he threw. He was always praised as the smart party kid. Which was why he had the illusion of being popular. That and being rich helped that as well.

Colton shook his head back to reality and looked at the male. "My name is Colton Evans, but everyone around here calls me by my code name. Syphon if you didn't catch that earlier." He smirked even more cynically than before "But you have permission to call me Colt." Adding a wink in as he said the remainder of his sentence.

He was always naturally flirty with guys he found attractive, when you go from touching people to not being able to it can sometime turn you into a giant flirt. "So basically it's just chilling out around here doing your own thing. Unless Magneto himself asks, then its pretty much free realm."
Back to top Go down
Askr

Askr

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 11:01 pm

"Why should I when I knew you'd like the pleasure yourself, Syphon?" The man leered at the blond before exiting the room.

Glancing at the new person who entered the room, Jassar guessing this was the one who he was supposed to be passed off to. He took note of the gloves seeing as he usually wore different types himself wondered if it was a fashion statement or if it was power related. He let the blond talk making sure he was standing away from the door when it was unlocked. Following the other to the table he arched a brow but took a seat wondering what else he was supposed to say as he sat down. He'd had a stalker following him during his walks, he was sure that they had all kinds of personal information on him that he would rather they not have. Leaning back so he could stretch his legs our, he tilted his head at the other as he considered him.

It seemed this new person was flirty, something he was used to and just as it did any other time people tended to, he gave a polite smile back waiting to see where this was going. He couldn't help but be thankful that the other didn't offer him his hand when he introduced himself. Despite Colton having gloves on and most of his own palms were covered, he would still rather not have to touch another person at the moment. His mouth had quirked up a bit at the mention of the recruiting process seeing as the blond's comment could have been seen two ways. Either Colton was the intellectual one, or Jassar was. It worked either way.

Any questions? He supposed the first thing he should ask was where his things were. He didn't wake up with his back pack and assumed that it was wherever he was supposed to stay. Jassar didn't want to know what happened in this room knowing that he wasn't the only one that had likely woken up in the cell. "Jassar," he returned without giving him the name that he had been given by his fellow IDF soldiers nor did he offer his hand. The Brotherhood or at least Magneto must have known of his abilities if he was recruiting him which meant it was likely that they knew what his code name had been. 'Syphon'? He wondered what the other mutant's powers were that required gloves and that particular name.

"As long as it doesn't happen on either Friday or Saturdays it shouldn't be a problem," he returned. "I'll get you list of the other days I'm not particularly fond of working on."

Having read and seen what he had of the leader of this group, he was sure that it wouldn't be a problem. So that just left if he had other questions and decided to go for, "So, you're to be my minder then?" he propped his chin on his hand with his elbow on the table.
Back to top Go down
Xaldin

Xaldin

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 9:18 pm

Colton smirked widely as he spun the key ring in between his fingers as he heard the underling make the remark he did. "I love it how everyone already knows me." Colton looked up at the caged mutant before undoing the lock "You know it's fun when you get to use a giant key ring. Who knows what they all unlock." It was often that Colton would find interest in minor things such as the key ring, it was his inner scientist working its way out.

Colton observed the step back as he flicked the lock open with one of the keys. "Oh don't worry I won't bite, only unless I am asked to." Colton smirked as he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. As they sank in their seats he arched an eyebrow as he saw the male stretch out in the chair. There was several moments in his life where he wished he didn't have the exact powers he indeed did, and this was one of them. Being such a natural flirt was rather difficult for someone who couldn't touch anyone else.

"Jassar? Well that seems to just roll off of the tongue. Is that your name or what you would like to be called by?" Colton normally wasn't so understudied but Magneto seemed to want to keep this a surprise for him or frankly just keep Colton out of it. "So we do get our own quarters, your belongings have already been moved in. Not a mandatory thing but it's there, most of us here stay. Part to not having another place to be or just for the companionship."

Colton's eyes beamed as Jassar asked him about his code name, seeming to be curious about his powers. "Yes, Syphon. I would normally show instead of explain but for you I'll make an exception. I am called Syphon because I am a Power Absorber. I can take powers, memories, life force all through a simple touch. But as you have seen with the gloves it has it's drawbacks. Was hard being such a touchy feely person to being cut out over night." He added a charming wink at the end.

"As to your schedule that really isn't my department you will have to wait to tell Magneto about all of that. I am more of the scientist persona around here. They didn't even need a lab until I showed up." He said full of pride, if there was one particular thing he was most boastful for it was his work. Once seeing Jassar propping his chin on the table made him involuntarily bite his lip as Jassar asked his next question.

"I'll be whatever you ask me to be." Naturally flirting with a playful grin on his face. "But yes I was tasked with being your minder." Colton arched his eyebrow as he finished his sentence. "So what would you like to do now? See your room? Get the famous tour? Get to know one another? Make out in the closet? Oh I always keep forgetting I can't do that last one."
Back to top Go down
Askr

Askr

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 2:03 pm

"Jassar is my birth name, and would be preferable to other names I have been called." came the reply. He was sure the other knew what he was talking about seeing as he was a mutant himself and likely had insults and slurs thrown his way. Just about every mutant slipped and accidentally revealed themselves somehow. Even if he was considered handsome by most standards, the blond wore glasses and came off as a bit...obsessive in his interests. Something else he was sure would have had struck some as off putting.

When told his things had been moved in had him rather curious about the phrasing. Had that been a slip of the tongue to say that the Brotherhood had pawed through his belongings in the apartment above the restaurant and took those as well as his bag to his room that they had 'moved him into'? He supposed he would find out once he was allowed to look around the room for himself.

"Good choice," was Jassar's answer as he was sure that the other didn't want to borrow his powers especially not knowing what they were. Or was the reason he was telling instead of showing because he did know? It was also good to know what the other mutant could do. As the rest of what was said filtered in, the man could relate. His expression shifted slightly as he allowed himself to feel sympathy for the blond. It had been hard for the Israeli mutant as well from going to full contact with his family and peers to the extreme opposite of not wanting to touch anything or anyone. It had labeled him as a germaphobe, but rather than trying to explain and come off as a crazy, he had learned to cope.

Something told Jassar that he should have expected the other man to be a scientist. There was something in their looks that gave them away. Nothing physical, but it was in the eyes. Jassar's lips curled up into a smile at the other's flirting. This was something he was used to and could use. Perhaps since finding out that he could look but not touch had turned the blond into a flirt. Could even have become his way of 'interrogating' whomever he was sent to extract information from.

"At least I'll have something pretty to look at," he smirked. Eyes lighting up in amusement, he stated, "The grand tour would be wonderful. I'm not sure, we're quite at the stage where I want you in my room with me alone."

It would give him the lay of where he was and perhaps even find out where exactly here was. He had to give Colton credit though about being able to have a self-deprecating humor when it came to his abilities. Eyes scanning the man, taking in everything, gave a lazy shrug. "Well, there are more fun things one can do aside from kissing to feel intimate and close."
Back to top Go down
Xaldin

Xaldin

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 8:01 pm

"Jassar it is then." Colton spoke as a matter of factually, jotting it down in his notes to make sure he wouldn't forget. Not that he would, if there was any subject the young mutant was interested in he made sure he didn't forget any small detail. It was a character flaw of his, sure. The fact that he was almost to aggressive when it came down to what he was interested in. "Yes I quite understand that, I myself have been called quite a few nasty names. Some of them true." He said with a fiendish smirk.

Colton's glasses hit the light causing the silver to flash as he picked up on Jassar's curiosity about his belongings. "Some mutants that get inducted into the Brotherhood don't have any material objects. We just offer a standard set of clothing and wardrobe, another moment where most mutants overlook Magneto's kindness for those close to him." One of Colton's expertise was reading body language, being a Power Absorber he would often have to look for the moments of opportunity and always be on his feet. Being a scientist type also helped with paying attention to detail.

"I wouldn't say good choice but Magento once told me it is not the most polite thing to do, is take powers I don't know what they could do. I try to learn more about the person before I borrow their powers." Colton may have been smiling it off but the fact he couldn't physically touch anyone bothered him more than it appeared. It was his natural curiosity that is one of the main reasons that he had became so interested in science, and men. But it always gave him the bewildered look in his eyes, that spark.

Once Colton saw Jassar smile from his remarks it involuntarily made him bit his lip quickly trying not to make it that noticeable. If there was anything worse for Colton was anything to inflate his already large ego. Something in him, made him love watching people feel any way effected by him. It made him feel important and maybe even powerful. But since his power kicked in he had in fact realize that it made him much more of a flirt, to the point where he was flirting with any guy. The only difference was when he really wanted the guy he would be extra aggressive.

As Jassar told him at least he had something pretty to look at it made him turn one more shade of red. "Thanks, I have been told that a many of few times but it is always nice when I get it from someone as equally attractive." Colton wiggled his glasses with a smirk as he was informed they weren't ready to be alone in his room. Jassar just wanting the grand tour for the moment. "I will take that as a compliment. I wouldn't be completely dangerous but maybe in that instance we could leave the door open."

Colton loved making jokes about his powers, he himself would sometimes forget that he couldn't touch people. And the fact he was around mutants all the time would create problems, like the time after having a scientific discovery he high fived Toad and realized he didn't have gloves on until his tongue grew. It took two days before it went back to normal. That and it was his constant reminder to not be as bold as he would be without his powers. Once Jassar told him there was more fun things one could do beside from kissing and touching he couldn't but let out a chuckle.

As a tear came to his right eye he wiped it away "Oh that's cute, yes of course I know that but once you've had that much fun it is hard to go back to any other activity." Colton stood up from the table and began walking to the door. "Follow me, and I promise I won't bite. Too hard at least." Colton walked into a fairly modern landscape. Of course the walls were made of metal, firsthand by Magneto. The room outside of the interrogation room was wide, a lot of open space.

In the far corner was his lab, protected by a metallic dome covering the glass made room. Other than that the room was covered with hallways and doors. "So this is the living quarter section of the layout. My lab is in that domed section, and these hallways lead to the member's living quarters." Colton pointed to the narrow hallway to the left "That hall down all the way is where you will be staying. My room is attached to my lab, which is another reason I never leave for the most part." Colton walked to the middle of the open room and looked up where a big sky light let the sun rays into the building. "At least Magneto was pretty good at architecture when he built this place."

The other hallway had less doors on them but was much longer of a corridor. "Over there is where the intermediate members of the Brotherhood associate with Magneto, such as emergency meetings and all of that. Magneto's quarters are also down that hall but I would try to schedule something with him and not just pop in."

On the opposite side of his lab was the mess hall, where the food and meals were eaten. "Other than the cafeteria." He said with a simple nod of his head. "That is about it, I mean I could try to explain everything thoroughly but I am sure you have been able to keep up, am I right?" Colton started taking a couple steps towards his lab. "If you want to see something miraculous I would have to take you to my lab? Care to join me?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Empty

Back to top Go down

Turn the Page

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MythoMagic :: Marvel :: Marvel Universe-